D&D: The Doom of Ardross
THE CALENDAR OF SHAAL
There are 365 days in the year, split up into twelve months of thirty days each with five holidays that fall between some months. The names of the months are given in both the formal names and the common ones. The seasons run a quarterly cycle; Hammer is like January and Flamerule is like July. Each week consists of ten days, called a tenday.
- Month 1: Ches – Common Name: The Claw of the Sunsets
- Month 2: Tarsakh – Common Name: The Claw of the Storms
- Month 3: Mirtul – Common Name: The Melting
- Month 4: Kythorn – Common Name: The Time of Flowers
- Month 5: Flamerule – Common Name: Summertime
- Month 6: Elesias – Common Name: Highsun
- Month 7: Eleint – Common Name: The Fading
- Month 8: Marpenoth – Common Name: Leaffall
- Month 9: Uttar – Common Name: The Rotting
- Month 10: Nightal – Common Name: The Drawing Down
- Month 11: Hammer – Common Name: Deepwinter
- Month 12: Alturiak – Common Name: The Claw of Winter
The holidays are Midwinter, Greengrass, Midsummer, Highharvestide and The Feast of the Moon. Midwinter falls between Hammer and Alturiak, Greengrass between Tarsakh and Mirtul, Midsummer is between Flamerule and Eleasis, Highharvestide is between Elient and Marpenoth, and The Feast of the Moon is between Uktar and Nightal.
Note: The holidays do not fall on the actual day the season changes. The 19th of Ches is the Spring Equinox, the 20th of Kythorn is the Summer Solstice, the 21st of Elient is the Autumn Equinox and the 20th of Nightal is the Winter Solstice.
Every four years, another holiday called Shieldmeet is added as a leap day immediately following the Midsummer holiday.
**This calendar is directly taken from the materials provided for Faerun as the Calendar of Harptos.